Monday, April 22, 2013

Update on my family

Although he is very tired, Ron is doing fine on his trip to China.  He only has a few days until he boards the plane to come home.  He has been to two of our care centers with a visitor, Steve Blondo.  They are visiting Wesley’s House in Pingguo and John Connor Brown in Tiendeng.   He has been to another city to meet with the government in regard to the registration renewal for the Neil Taylor care center.  He has two meetings in Hong Kong before he returns home.

Ronald is with Gigi in the Philippines.  Today is Gigi’s birthday so I’m sure Ronald has planned a special day for her. 


They are at a resort for a few days so they are surely enjoying themselves.  I got these pictures of them waking early to go down to the beach to see the sun rise.  I am so glad they are together and happy.  They have been apart too much since they married.  She is hoping to be granted another VISA to go back to China with Ronald.  They will go to the embassy on the island of Cebu in a few days to pick it up. 


I have much to be thankful for.  When I know my family is well, I can sleep and be at peace.  When I am worried about any of them, I have trouble sleeping.  I know, I’m not supposed to worry.  If I trusted God, I would not worry.  That’s true but every mother worries to some extent.   I am like the old hen with her chicks gathered under her wing.  I’m happy when everyone is in place and I know they are safe. 

It has been very quiet, staying in the RV all alone but I’ve made it O.K.  I have worked on the computer every day, including Saturday.   Sunday was my day of rest and attending services.   I have taken a walk around the park each day and spent some time reading and crocheting.   I have campers of all sizes in the park.  Over the weekend, there were some of the pull-out Nimrods and tents but it was in the 40's at night -- too cold for me to sleep out like that.  These are my neighbors:

I listened to talk radio last week with the bombings in Boston and the fertilizer plant fire in West, TX.   It was a very disturbing and sad week of bad news.  The owner of the fertilizer plant was an elder of the West Church of Christ and at least four members lost their homes.  I understand one family did not have insurance.  The church at Lewisville is taking donations to send to this congregation to help those people.
I heard people calling in to the talk radio shows and was appalled at some of the views expressed.  I decided I have lived pretty much in a "bubble."   I did not realize there were so many people with liberal views and agendas so totally opposed to what the Bible teaches.   Our country has really changed in the past 50 years and I don't think it's for the best.

We had another earthquake in Sichuan, China.  It’s been five years since the bad one in that area.  There are about 200 dead and 11,000 injured or without homes in this one.  Rescuers are still trying to get to the area with roads covered and impassable in some locations.   It was a relief to get emails saying our care center in Zigong felt the quake but there was no damage to the building and no one hurt.  I think it is about 200 miles from the center of this quake. 
We could get depressed if we let ourselves but in spite of storms, earthquakes, wars and rumors of war (as the Bible mentions), we still know that God is with us and in the end all will be fine if we trust Him and remain faithful.  My prayers have been with the families that lost loves ones last week. 

No comments: