Monday, October 24, 2022

The Count Down

We have 6 days until we leave for Thailand.    Each day this week, I have things planned to accomplish.   If plans go well, I will be ready early and can relax and rest some.   

Bags are 99% packed.    I washed clothes after the trip to TX and spread out the things I planned to take to Asia.    Yesterday, I decided which items of clothing would mix and match and wash and dry easily.   I have one bag with clothes and shoes with some miscellaneous items weighing 35#.   I will have a small carry-on with medications, toiletries and miscellaneous items.   I will probably check the carry-on bag, if possible.   I don't like having to deal with luggage through busy airports.    I will carry a large handbag that will hold my small laptop computer, a book to read on the plane and some pj's for the one night we will stay in the Qatar airport hotel.    Ron is also packed except for last minute items, such as his computer and toiletries.   

We both like to pack early so we have some days to think of things we should include   It is better to do that now than after we leave.    I'm sure there will be some things I would like to have but we learned many years ago, it is better to pack wisely and light rather than deal with heavy bags and take things we will never use.   There are many malls in Thailand and most things are available there without a problem.

We have beautiful weather today, but rain is coming tomorrow night.    We washed the car and cleaned out the garage today.   We had no time to do that upon our return trip from Texas two weeks ago. 

The yard service got our yard clean this weekend, but many leaves have fallen again.   My good neighbors will oversee the yard work and they assure us that we have nothing to worry about.   They will watch the house for us.  She will drive us to the MARTA subway station Sunday afternoon, and we will arrive at the airport ahead of time.    Ron is still trying to upgrade our seats, but we are told the flight is full.

When we reach our destination in Udon, Thailand and have internet service, I will post a segment to say we have arrived.   I hope my blog will describe a good trip with pleasant experiences for each of the three flights.    I read about so many incidents on planes these days with unruly passengers, I hope we will have all good passengers and a smooth flight.

Thank you all for checking in to keep up with us.   I am grateful for all of our family and friends that keep on encouraging us as we make these long and hard trips.

God bless you all.    With love, Pat






No comments: