Sunday, November 7, 2021

Arrived in Bangkok, Thailand

Ron wrote at 2 p.m. that he was at the hotel in Bangkok and very tired.  He said he would write tomorrow.  I know exactly how he feels, arriving in the middle of the night after a 22 hour flight.   It has been exactly 22 hours since he left Los Angeles.   Unless he slept on the plane, he's not had sleep in at least 30 hours.  A short message from him was sent in the middle of the night (about 10 hours ago) at 34,000' before he arrived in Narita, Japan.   He just said Japan Air was a wonderful airline.   They gave him pj's for the flight and he enjoyed a fabulous 6-course meal.   I'm sure he got fish because he loves seafood and no meal is fabulous to him unless it is seafood.   After snacking in Los Angeles for almost a week, he deserved the good food.    I am sure he mostly ate fruit and snacks while in Los Angeles because he said everything was terribly expensive there.

Just to know he's arrived safely gives me a chance to relax and get into a routine this week at home in Georgia.    He will travel on to Chiang Mei in a day or two but that is a short flight.   He will find a place to live for four months and begin looking at property to see if he can successfully establish a safe house for girls there.  

He promised me that he will eat healthy even though I'm not there to be sure he eats enough fruits and vegetables.    He and I know we both have to get enough rest and eat healthy to keep ourselves well enough to continue this work a few more years.

It was 33 here in North Georgia this morning and we had frost for the first time this fall season.   I went to church at the Woodstock church of Christ where I will attend every Sunday morning while Ron is gone.  Leigh Ann used to be a member there so many people I met asked about her.   I hope to establish a few friends there.

As I hear from Ron and know more about his work, I will post again.   

May God bless you all with a good week.




No comments: